Thursday, October 20, 2011

Toddler Talk Thursday - Cold and Flu Season


Welcome to another Toddler Talk Thursday with Family and Life In Las Vegas, Life of a Sippy Cup Mom, and Crazy About My Baybah!

This weeks topic is
How do you help your toddler stay healthy during cold and flu season?

To be very straight forward, I don't do anything different. I don't like seeing my kids sick just as much as the next mom, but I don't go to any extreme's to keep my kids from getting sick. We wash our hands after using the bathroom or playing outside. But other than that, we just live! 
When we were first married King Daddy was always trying to get my to get a flu shot. I hate, I mean really do hate needles. I get close to panic attacks when I have to get poked, so there was no way I was going to voluntarily take a shot that wasn't absolutely needed.  The way I view it now that I have kids, is that I am strengthening their immune system. If they get sick, we take the neccessary steps to overcome the illness - lots of rest and fluid.  And we are stronger for it. I mean really, we haven't been horribly sick in a long time. I can't even remember the last time any of us were sick longer than 24 hours. 
I will not take my sick kids around other kids though, because that would just be rude. When we get sick, like I said, we take lots of rest and fluids. We also wash our hands (and whole bodies in some cases) more frequently to make sure we aren't spreading the sickies to anyone else.

On a side note, King Daddy did get a flu shot this year. He was at the dr's for another appointment and figured might as well. He had tons of fun showing off his Bugs Bunny bandaid to the Princesses.


Link Up Suggestions:
1. We ask that you follow all three hosts.That way you can keep up to date on future Toddler Talks.
2. Please grab the Toddler Talk Button and display it in your post or on your blog.
3. Stop in to other blogs that are linking up.Leave a meaningful comment if you visit, and follow if you would like.
4. If you want to post the link up on your blog – please do! Maybe we can draw in more people to participate and share tips!!
get the InLinkz code
This link up is for families that have toddlers.Raising a toddler can be fun, crazy, exciting, and exhausting. Sharing what works for you could give other families another way to do things.


1 comment:

  1. This is sound advice. Aside from avoiding kids I know to be sick I dont do much else in the way of preventative measures... I dont even own hand sanitizer because I want Annabelle to HAVE an immune system that can fight back!

    ReplyDelete