Thursday, July 8, 2010

Liberty!

The Liberty Bell

Today we talked about the Liberty Bell.  Had a fun little history day.  It was nice because it fit so well with having the 4th on Sunday and being able to continue with that today.  
We started out reading The Story of the Liberty Bell.  Afterwards Princess V told me about the bell and tried to read the story back to me.  I was very impressed with her.  Then we made our own bell.  A plastic cup over turned with a bead attached to a pipe cleaner and poked through the top (bottom of the cup).  It doesn't make too much noise (hardly any) which is fine by me.  But if you're looking to get some noise out of your bell, use string istead of pipe cleaner, and a jingle bell inside.

I hope you are all enjoying the freedoms and LIBERTIES of this wonderful country as much as I am.  We truly are blessed to be living here!

No comments:

Post a Comment