Monday, October 11, 2010

Columbus Day

Happy Columbus Day!

In case you're wondering why you're mail didn't come today, it's a holiday!  We had some extra kids over today, so we didn't do a ton to celebrate.  I printed off a few simple coloring pictures and told a short version on Christopher Columbus' story.  We had Christopher Columbus, the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria, and some pilgrims.  After we told the story each kid got to pick a picture to color.  It was lots of fun.  

The actual day that Christopher Columbus arrived in the America's is October 12.  So tomorrow while Princess V is at preschool Princess C and I will do some more activities to celebrate.  Any ideas what we should do?

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I totally forgot until Tom called me and told me he couldn't mail out some things I sold on Listia. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a two hundred year story! That must have been some editing you did to get it short! Good for you.

    We got the day off school - you gotta love a government job.

    ReplyDelete