Thursday, April 7, 2011

Toddler Talk Thursday

I am so excited to be linking up with some great blogs to talk all things toddlers!  Thanks Family and Life in Las Vegas, Crazy About My Baybah, and My Life as a Sippy Cup Mom.

This weeks topic is
What are you and your Toddler reading before bed?

A lot!  Seriously we are really into books over.  I have to thank my parents for giving me such a strong love for books.  I just hope I can instill that same love for books into my kids!  Whoa, sorry a little off topic.  What do we read before bed?  Most nights become a storytelling session.  We leave the books aside, and tell our favorites - The 3 little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella.  The great thing about this, is it leaves room for their imagination to grow.  They have to create a mental picture of the story, and they can help tell it in their own words. So much fun!!!!
Now we do read from actual books too. It just changes every night.  We just finished reading Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh.
 Harriet the Spy
It is a chapter book, but I wanted to introduce the Princess' to longer books, in hopes to teach them to sit still, and really listen.  It wasn't until about halfway through the book that they really started listening, but when they did it was great.  Princess V and C both usually fell asleep while listening to me read!  
Princess V loves looking at her Peter Pan: Mini Books.  
Princess C loves any and all Princess Books.  A recent favorite is Polite as a Princess
 Polite as a Princess (Disney Princess) (Pictureback(R))
Princess R loves books, but I find myself reading the Usborne Touchy Feely books like That's Not My Teddy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Board Books)
and
That's Not My Kitten (Usborne Touchy Feely)
Now that I've finished reading Harriet the Spy to the Princess', King Daddy helps puts the girls to bed and has been reading Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll to them
Alice in Wonderland

Next weeks topic suggestion - Setting a bedtime routine.


Link Up Suggestions:
1. We ask that you follow all three hosts. That way you can keep up to date on future Toddler Talks.
2. Please grab the Toddler Talk Button and display it in your post or on your blog.
3. Stop in to other blogs that are linking up. Leave a meaningful comment if you visit, and follow if you would like.
4. NEW THIS WEEK (lots of new stuff huh?!) – If you want to post the link up on your blog – please do! Maybe we can draw in more people to participate and share tips!!




1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah! I have so been wanting to do this with Eli.... I should get on the ball before she starts reading me bed time stories.
    CJR @ The MommyBlog

    ReplyDelete