Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last day of Preschool

I can't believe Princess V had her last day of preschool today.  As another blogger put it last week, it was her First Last Day of school.  She has grown so much, and I am so proud of her.  According to her teacher she has really grown socially this last year. She still gets frustrated a little when things don't go her way, but then she works it out, something she didn't use to do. She knows her colors (all but grey, which she called silver), numbers up to 8, and the letters with most of their sounds.  For their last day they put on a little program.  I am so thankful for the sunny skies today (unlike yesterdays snow!!).  Her teacher even rented a Bounce House for the kids to play in!

Princess V and Miss Cheryl

Princess V's class is in the front row, and of course she's not looking at me.
For the program they sang some songs, and then acted out one of my all time favorite books Caps for Sale.
Caps for Sale Board Book: A Tale of a Peddler, Some Monkeys and Their Monkey Business (Reading Rainbow Books)

Princess V is right in the middle of all the monkeys folding her arms. 
When it was all over we got to take a portfolio of their work home, the kids got to decorate their caps, and we had some popsicles and cookies.  I'm really going to miss having Miss Cheryl teach Princess V next year. I feel lucky we even got to have her this year. 
Now on to next year.  A lady in my ward asked if I was interested in doing a Joy School, which I am. So we are looking into getting a couple of other moms to join with us for Joy School in the fall.  I think it will be a lot of fun, plus it will be more motivation to keep myself learning new things all the time!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to do a joy school with Elle. It sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about Joy School. What is it? Does it take the place of kindergarten or is it a transition school?

    ReplyDelete