Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Toddler Talk Thursday - Haircuts


This weeks topic is
How do you get your toddler to sit still for a haircut?

My simple answer, I don't.  I have never wanted to cut the Princesses hair, but King Dad likes to give them trims, so I let him deal with it. He usually sits them on the sink so they can watch in the mirror, and then gives them something to hold. When they were really younger we would even turn the water on and let them play in the water. Here's a picture of Princess V's first haircut at 16months.
We have taken Princess V and Princess C to a professional.  Princess V's first trip was a bit emotional for me, since it was neccessary...
She found the scissors.
We came home looking like this. AHHH! She was still a cutie, and I can laugh about it now.

Princess R has yet to have a haircut, and I'm hoping it stays that way for awhile.

Link Up Suggestions:
1. We ask that you follow all three hosts.That way you can keep up to date on future Toddler Talks.
2. Please grab the Toddler Talk Button and display it in your post or on your blog.
3. Stop in to other blogs that are linking up.Leave a meaningful comment if you visit, and follow if you would like.
4. If you want to post the link up on your blog – please do! Maybe we can draw in more people to participate and share tips!!
get the InLinkz code
This link up is for families that have toddlers.Raising a toddler can be fun, crazy, exciting, and exhausting.Sharing what works for you could give other families another way to do things.





2 comments:

  1. Oh that is my worst fear...Miss Gracie finding the scissors AHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am out of the woods since my youngest is 4--so glad we have avoided all do it yourself haircuts. All 3 of my kids have always loved getting their haircut. They are strange that way. My youngest would actually have fits when he couldn't get his hair cut! lol

    ReplyDelete