Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Helping Hands

We're working on the letter H this week.  We talked about our health again, and looked at a food pyramid.  Next time we go grocery  shopping I'm going to let the Princess' each pick an item for each part of the pyramid.
Today however, we talked about our hands and the things they can do, like help others.
We traced our hands, and then they drew pictures on the back
and then they made up a song about their hands blinking while showing me their helping hands.
To encourage them to always have helping hands, I gave them each a jar.  As I watch them helping me and each other, I give them a coin for their jar.  Tonight they will get to choose to use the coins for M&M's or to go to the store for a treat.  They are having a lot of fun with this.  Princess C even took Princess V's cup to the sink without me asking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment